The Fort Smith Children’s Emergency Shelter (CES) will host a survey team from CARF (the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) International* on 9/16-9/17/2019. CARF promotes the quality, value, and optimal outcomes of services through a consultative accreditation process and continuous improvement services that center on enhancing the lives of persons served. As CARF accredited, the CES will secure its contract with the state of Arkansas which allows the CES to expand its services to the state’s foster care youth.
The surveyors will evaluate how well the CES meets international standards for quality, and direct the CES on the items that they are doing well in addition to ways to improve their quality of service to children in foster care. As a result of this survey, the Children’s Emergency Shelter may earn or continue accreditation.
As part of the survey, the surveyors will interview people who receive services, their families, our staff, and others. Some questions the survey team members might ask people are:
- Do we provide a clean and safe setting?
- Do you receive the services you need and want?
- Are you treated with respect?
- Do you take part in planning your services?
- Are you told what you need to know about your services?
- Are your questions answered in a way you understand?
- Do you know where to go with questions or concerns?
If you would like to speak with one of the survey team members or want to learn more about CARF International, please contact Ashley Fitzhugh at the CES or you may also contact CARF International directly.
- Internet: www.carf.org/contact-us
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: CARF International, 6951 East Southpoint Road, Tucson, AZ 85756, USA
- Telephone: (520) 495-7001
- Fax: (520) 318-1129
The Fort Smith Children’s Emergency Shelter serves area foster care youth who have been removed from their home by the Department of Human Services due to neglect and/or abuse. The CES provides shelter and care, in a safe and structured home-like environment and allows our kids in crisis the opportunity to “just be kids.”
*CARF International — A group of companies that includes CARF, CARF Canada, & CARF Europe.