How We Serve
Serving as the only DCFS-approved Shelter for Sebastian County, the CES provides a safe home for approximately 300 children in crisis each year. Our shelter was recently approved for long-term residential licensure for children in crisis. Children were previously admitted for up to 45 days at the CES, but with this new DHS contract the shelter is able to provide long-term care in a home-like environment for children in Arkansas.
How the CES Serves Our Children:
- Provides a safe and structured home-like environment for children in crisis
- Provides all the food, clothing, shelter, & hygiene products to each child served
- Provides after-school tutoring
- Coordinates counseling services through Western Arkansas Counseling & Guidance Center
- Provides LifeSkills training to each child served
- Provides holiday and birthday celebrations to each child served
- Transports the children to/from school, doctors appointments, visitations, and other social or school activities
- Allows kids in crisis to just be kids
If you suspect child abuse or neglect, REPORT IT!
Child Abuse Hotline: 800.482.5964