Who We Serve
The Fort Smith Children’s Emergency Shelter serves area children who haven been removed from their home by the Department of Human Services due to neglect and abuse.
- Abused and neglected children ages 6-17 years old
- Up to 24 children per night
- 12 boys/12 girls per night
- Approximately 300 children each year
- The entire state of Arkansas, primarily children from Area 2
(Crawford County, Franklin County, Johnson County, Logan County, Scott County, Sebastian County, and Yell County)
To learn about GetREAL24, which serves foster youth turning 18 and older, click here.
Referrals to Children’s Emergency Shelter come from:
- Department of Human Services
- Comprehensive Juvenile Services
- Juvenile court
- Law enforcement agencies
- Private therapists and/or counselors
- Inter-agency agreements
The Children’s Emergency Shelter does not discriminate against race, religion or sex.
If you suspect child abuse or neglect, REPORT IT!
Child Abuse Hotline: 800.482.5964